Call River Cruise Tours free to book 0800 612 5677 and receive a free case of wine. PLUS we have no credit card fees!
Combine the well-known attractions of Holland with those off the beaten track on this delightful river cruise holiday. Cruise from Haarlem to explore northern Holland, where tulip fields abound and the charming area of Friesland is famed for its black and white cows. Cruise across the Ijsselmeer and tour the small town of Hoorn, which gave its name to Cape Horn. Visit the ZuiderZee Museum in Enkhuizen, the Batavia shipyard in Lelystad, and a windmill outside the fishing village of Volendam. In Arnhem, visit the city, the Kröller-Müller Museum, or nearby Het Loo Palace, and from Rotterdam why not visit Keukenhof Gardens? Conclude with a visit to Edam, and, of course a canal cruise in Amsterdam.
Price & dates
All prices and supplements are per person. The prices and departure dates listed in the table below do not show live availability therefore may not be up-to-date. To find out the latest availability please call us on 0800 612 5677 for information.
|Departure Date||Booking Code||Your Ship||Price|
|09 Apr 2015||WHA2||Avalon Affinity||£1245|
|11 Apr 2015||WHA3||Avalon Visionary||£1309|
|23 Apr 2015||WHA2||Avalon Affinity||£1850|
Included in the priceTravel Options
Prices are based on flights from Heathrow with British Airways. Flights are also available at a supplement from Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Durham Teesside, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Norwich. Eurostar is available from St Pancras.
The Avalon experience
- EDAM Guided walk
- ENKHUIZEN Choice of visit to Zuiderzee museum or Dutch Experience outing
- NORTH HOLLAND ‘Tulip Fields’ excursion or guided walk in Alkmaar
- FRIESLAND Excursion, visit the planetarium; cheese and Genever tasting
- LELYSTAD Visit to Batavia shipyard and the Batavia
- ARNHEM Choice of visit to Airborne Museum Hartenstein or Kröller-Müller Museum
- ROTTERDAM Choice of visit to Keukenhof Gardens or guided sightseeing in Rotterdam and Utrecht
- HOORN Guided walk
- AMSTERDAM Canal cruise
- WELCOME RECEPTION, CAPTAIN’S RECEPTION AND FAREWELL DINNER
- Private door-to-door home pick-up service by executive car for you and your travelling companions
- Flights from London Heathrow with British Airways; regional flights at a supplement. Eurostar available on request
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom with hotel-style beds, ensuite facilities and river views. Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors and a French Balcony in most staterooms
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service dinner with quality wines from Europe’s most famous wine regions; afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; a choice of teas and coffees throughout the day
- Included excursions and sightseeing trips with Local Guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Welcome reception, Captain’s Reception and Farewell Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- A choice of pre- or post- holiday extensions